Pinterest has piqued my DIY desire and basically sending my Mama status to “ROCKING”! Here’s proof….
I recently shared my pinning
addiction love with you here. I hadn’t stepped up and tried to make anything from Pinterest until now. I’m in shock with how well Lo’s valentine cards turned out! They were super easy and cheap PLUS it’s something we’re both proud to pass out during her preschool’s Valentine’s Day Party this Tuesday. I’m usually that mom that waits until the last minute and has to buy Walmart’s janky Valentine leftovers. Not this year! I have the power of the Pinterest baby!
I first saw this DIY idea through Pinterest via The Mod Chik. It’s not too late to create your own so I encourage you to click over there for the simple steps I used to create Lola’s.
Here are a few tips that I thought might be helpful if you decide to make your own Valentines card magic:
- Take LOTS of pictures! Even though the sun, heavens and earth do not have to align for the perfect shot, it’s just best to take a lot with different poses and backgrounds so you won’t have to take out the camera and redo the photo shoot.
- Use Picnik to edit and add all the fanciness to your picture. LOVE Picnik, but don’t get too excited because they are snatching it away from the world April 19, 2012. Until then they are allowing users to use all features free of charge.
- Remember to crop your image to 4 x 6 while inside of Picnik.
- Save your printer’s ink and head to CVS or Walgreens to print out. I only paid $8.00 for 30 prints!
- DON’T use hubby’s box cutter for slits! My non-crafty side showed when I thought I could use a box cutter to cut anything. I’m heading out tomorrow for an X-Acto knife for future projects. (I can’t believe I just said that!)
So there you have it. I can officially announce that I made something off Pinterest! If I can do it anyone can!
If you decide to create your own, please let us know and share!